Author : Nalini Sorensen
Review : Our 5.5 year old voracious reader LOVED it !
We encouraged Vania to review the book 'Spellbound!' written by Nalini Sorensen & published by Scholastic.
Her observations -
• The cover of the book reminded her of the forest in Disney’s Rapunzel.
• Weyona doesn't have a cat, like other witches.
• She figured out the mirrored text in one of the illustrations by placing the book in front of a mirror as it was similar to one of the activities she had done earlier.
• Her Favourite word: Uggggh!
• Her Favourite phrase: 'Overturana Zikka!'
• Her Favourite sentence: It was bone-chilling, toe-curling and hair-raising - all at the same time.
• She wants to befriend Petunia & Prince Frederick but not Weyona because she will turn her into a frog!
• Weyona's spell reminds her of the Witch’s spell in 'Room on the Broom' by Julia Donaldson.
• Petunia & Frederick look like Rapunzel & Flynn from Disney's Tangled.